December 5, 2018
VPMA - Wood Destroying Insect Program & MSPCA WDIO Credentialed Inspector Training
Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center
WDI-O CREDENTIAL CLASS
Roanoke Higher Education Center
108 N. Jefferson St., Roanoke, VA 24016
THIS IS THE INITIAL TRAINING AND TESTING REQUIRED TO BE DESIGNATED AS AN “MSPCA CREDENTIALED WDI-O INSPECTOR”
Registration Deadline is November 26, 2018.
This course is offered in cooperation with the Virginia Pest Management Association. MSPCA has arranged for our members to pay the discounted VPMA member price.
- Candidates must apply directly to VPMA by downloading and filling out the application shown below along with your course fee and send to VPMA. We have negotiated with VPMA for our members to enroll at the VPMA Member price of $190.00. When filling out “company” put MSPCA / (name of your pest control company). You are NOT required to meet the stated “prerequisites”
- Secure the study material from VPMA. Study the material BEFORE attending the course.
- Attend the course and pass the examination proctored at the completion of the classroom instruction.
- Once you’ve completed the VPMA course and passed the test VPMA will email the results to MSPCA. You will then receive a packet containing a Maryland Supplement exam, which is open book, a copy of the inspector pledge and a copy of the MSPCA suggested guidelines for MD-1 inspections.
- You will NOT receive a certificate from VPMA.
- Using the MD. Dept. of Agriculture’s “Regulations Pertaining To The Pesticide Applicators Law” and “MSPCA Suggested Guidelines” Complete the exam, sign the pledge, and return all to: Bruce Morgan, MSPCA Wood Destroying Insect Committee Chairman, C/O Atlas Exterminator Co., 211 Old Padonia Road, Cockeysville, MD. 21030 along with a check payable to MSPCA in the amount of $50.00.
- You will then be awarded a “WDIO Credentialed Inspector” certificate and issued a unique credential number.
- Maintaining your credential will require adherence to the principles taught in the course as well as an obligation to attend an MSPCA conducted re-credential course at least once every 3 years.
- Fees for the course are set by VPMA. The Maryland Credential Fee is $50.00.
Purpose of the Certified WDI Inspector Program: Since termites and most other wood destroying insects are generally hidden from view, it takes a trained professional to carefully detect conducive conditions, to know the habits and patterns of each insect and to pinpoint signs of infestations. Sending a technician out to perform WDI Inspections without this training can lead to missed signs of infestations, inaccurate reports and big headaches for your company.
Carl Falco, the lead trainer of the VPMA Certified WDI Inspector Program, reviews pest identification biology and behavior (self study requirements are required), defines what a thorough inspection involves, leads technicians in discussions surrounding the nuances and gray areas of conducting WDI Inspections and provides step-by-step detail about completing the NPMA-33. At the end of the course attendees take an exam. Upon successful completion of the course and passing of the exam the technician is awarded the voluntary VPMA WDI Inspector certification.