Pest Control FAQs
What should a homeowner look for when selecting a pest professional, commonly called an exterminator?
- A qualified and licensed pest management company that is a member of national, state or local pest management associations.
- Ask friends and neighbors to recommend companies they have used successfully.
- Buy value, not price.
- Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the nature of the pest, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- Find out if the company has liability insurance to cover any damages to your house or furnishings during treatment.
- If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing prevention and management are necessary.
If you hire a pest control professional, are you guaranteed a pest-free home?
Pest control companies differ in their guarantees. If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing prevention and management are necessary. It is important that homeowners remain active participants before, during and after all pest control treatments. This type of vigilance helps the homeowner better understand their contract and possible guarantee and helps the pest professional understand the homeowner's expectations.
Check on more FAQs on PestWorld.org.